Wow, look at the Orioles… bringin’ it back. Love it. No, that’s not a retro uni setup. That’s their new 2012 digs. Here’s a glimpse of all the times this lil’ cartoon birdie was used on an Orioles cap, masterfully captured here.
- 1966-1973 – This is the logo you see most often on the black crowned caps. I think it’s pretty safe to call this one THE ’66-’74 cap logo. Made by Wilson.
- 1974 – This logo seems to show up in ’74, but would remain on the caps through the transition to the white and orange panels. Also made by Wilson.
- 1975-1978 – Logo used on both white and orange panel (’75-’76 only) alternate. Made by AJD.
- 1975-1976 – Logo used on both white and orange panel (’75-’76 only) alternate. Made by AJD.
- 1978 – Made by Roman Pro.
- 1979-1988 – Made by New Era.
[lobbed by Jonesy]